Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ikoku Meiro no Croisée The Animation 08: Cornered Mouse

Guess which one is the mouse.

I was really looking forward to this episode and it didn't disappoint me at all. Just as I expected, if it wasn't obvious already, Claude and Camille have a history that goes back as far as their childhood when they were close friends. Oscar made it sound like they were also in a relationship at some point and based on Claude's indifference towards her something must have happened. What is was? Well, it seems like we'll have to wait until next episode's continuation to find out.


Okay, Camille is awesome. I didn't expect her to get a little harsh with Yune, but in the end she once again proved how good of a person she is. Instead of getting overly jealous of Yune and Claude's relationship she supported and related with Yune. I can't really relate with her feelings, mostly because I don't know what happened between her and Claude in the past, but the short conversation the two shared said a lot about their feelings towards each other. On one hand Camille seems to still like Claude still and wants to return to the way they were in the past, but Claude wants nothing to do with her.

Alice became a lot more likable this episode and I'd say she's no longer the weak member of the cast. I especially liked her story about the two girls and the dragon, which probably has a lot to do with why she desperately wants to be friends with Yune. But now that they actually are friends listening to their conversations is a lot less irritating.


Next week seems like a continuation of this episode which is great since this one was so enjoyable. I'm still really curious about how they'll end the show. There really isn't much of a plot, and the whole "department store dilemma" seems to be forgotten. I still think the show is a nice watch at the end of a long, monotonous day, but a little plot wouldn't hurt.

Oh Alice and your imagination.

0 comments:

Post a Comment