Thursday, September 1, 2011

NO.6 09: Manhunt

no.6, no. 6, manhunt
Well, that was unexpected.

Something about this episode felt rushed, but if it wasn't I don't think it would have had the same effect on me. After last week's episode being a bit disappointing, I'm glad they decided to let actions speak for themselves. I was in shock at what happened and how quickly and out-of-nowhere it was, but at least now the brutality and cruelness of No.6 is more obvious to Shion. This post will probably have a lot of spoilers.

no.6, no. 6, dogkeeper
... Dogkeeper. D:

Maybe I'm the only one who was completely oblivious to what "Cleaning Day" was, but I guess I should have seen some form of massacre-like plot device on the horizon. For Nezumi it was the only opportunity to get into the Correctional Facility to rescue Safu, and if Shion would have known I guess he would have tried to stop it from happening. One thing I do want to say though, it's about time! I mean, we've had a lot of episode building the relationships between the characters and finally things are happening. Not that I didn't like those episodes, but it seemed like it was never going to go anywhere. Up until Nezumi started singing it was really depressing, but I suppose it was a good way of showing the complete lack of concern for human life No.6 has. Dumping people from trucks like trash? Yeah, they went that far, and if what Nezumi told Shion is true then it's about to get a lot worse next episode.

Safu, who was under experimentation for a while, finally "awoke", but not the way No.6 had hoped. Whatever ties Safu had to Nezumi and his people are still unknown, but it's pretty clear she has a lot to do with them. Elyurias made contact with her, and from the looks of it she's gained some sort of power. I get the feeling she'll become a bit of an antagonist to Shion who, somewhat childishly, wants to save everyone, while she might now want to destroy No.6 under the influence of Elyurias.

Trash in the eyes of No.6.

Then there's Youming who also seems to be turning into some sort of antagonist. It's funny though that at first I thought he and Karan wouldn't have any important role in the story, but they do and there's barely any time left to develop them! I applaud the production for wanting to include a large cast, but there's not a whole lot you can do for a supporting cast with only 11 episodes. I'd prefer the focus for the rest of the series to be on Shion/Nezumi/Safu anyway, because they're much more interesting and entertaining. Two episodes left? Oh geez.

How do you feel about this episode?

This guy is definitely evil.

0 comments:

Post a Comment